The Project Engineer is responsible for everyday project activities, quality control, project deliverables, shop drawing review and being capable of overseeing all phases of the project from design to contract document and specification production. Has excellent technical knowledge within the field of structural engineering. Provides technical guidance on unusual or complex design issues and supervisory approval on proposed plans for projects. Supervision received is essentially administrative with assignments given in general terms and objectives. Makes engineering design decisions independently. Coordinates with other internal and/or external team members. May direct and coordinate the workload with project team. Has extensive knowledge and understanding of the project development process. This position reports to the Senior Project Engineer, Project Manager or Senior Project Manager.
- Bachelor’s or Master's degree in Structural Engineering, or Civil Engineering with a Structural Engineering concentration
- 5+ years’ experience in structural design experience required with at least 3 years focused on commercial projects
- PE and/or SE license is required
- Strong leadership skills – ability to meet deadlines and provide high quality service to clients
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Coordinates, writes and/or edits specifications as applies to structural engineering
- Highly organized, detail-driven and conscientious
- Proficient in current version of Revit, AutoCAD, MS Word & Excel
- Proficiency in MathCAD, EnerCalc, RAM Structural, STAAD PRO, RISA Floor, RISA 2D & 3D, ETABS, SAFE and SAAP2000 a plus.
How to apply?
Click on the Apply button.
Note: when applying for jobs, you should never have to pay to apply. Always verify you're actually talking to the company in the job post and not an imposter. When clicking on the button to apply above, you will leave Fydiz and go to the job application page for that company outside this site. Fydiz accepts no liability or responsibility as a consequence of any reliance upon information on there (external sites) or here.