At SF Motors, we’re forging a new kind of mobility company by combining the DNA of advanced automotive engineering and design with that of state of the art smart technologies and connectivity to revolutionize the future of premium electric vehicles. From our corporate headquarters in Silicon Valley we’re bringing the best and brightest together with a common goal of creating the next generation of smart, clean, connected vehicles for you.
Our vision is to deliver premium electric vehicles that enhance the daily lives of our users, allowing them to live more connected, productive lives through the integration of clean technology and advanced hardware and software. The future of mobility is more than getting from A to B, it’s about keeping connected to provide users customizable features, when they want it.
This position is responsible for designing and drafting high-volume drivetrain components and system level assemblies for electric powertrain system in HEV/EV applications.
Duties and responsibilities
- Design, draft, and optimize drivetrain components and system for electric powertrain prototypes and mass production for HEV/EV applications
- Create 3D CAD layout quickly and efficiently for individual parts and assemblies
- Produce complete 2D drawings for production and support product specification development
- Work with manufacture team to create revisions and solve production problems
- Perform tolerance stackup analysis to ensure drivetrain system quality and functionality
Required Education and Experience
- BS or MS in mechanical engineering, material science, aerospace engineering, or related field
- Proficiency in Catia and knowledge with other major CAD tools such as SolidWorks, Siemens NX (UG), Pro/E, AutoCAD, Autodesk Inventor Pro, or other commercial programs
- Solid understanding of solid mechanics, material properties, GD&T, and tolerance analysis
- Experience of mechanical component and assembly design, and manufacturing processes
- Knowledge of electric powertrain system in HEV/EV
- Responsible, accountable and motivated individual with desire to help wherever needed
- Flexibility and adaptability in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment
Candidates for positions with SF Motors must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire.
SF Motors is an equal opportunity employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.
How to apply?
Click on the Apply button.
Note: when applying for jobs, you should never have to pay to apply. Always verify you're actually talking to the company in the job post and not an imposter. When clicking on the button to apply above, you will leave Fydiz and go to the job application page for that company outside this site. Fydiz accepts no liability or responsibility as a consequence of any reliance upon information on there (external sites) or here.