The Game Artist is a skilled and capable 2D/3D generalist who works under the supervision of the Art Director, contributing across the board in a hands-on basis. The Game Artist creates new artwork in the form of concept art, and implements assets into the Unity game engine, as well as assisting with technical adjustments to character animation and rigs.
- Work with the Art Director to create and implement high-quality 2D and 3D artwork
- Contribute to visual development with storyboards and concept art.
- Design and illustrate characters, settings, icons, and graphics for in-game, cinematic and marketing uses.
- Implement 2D and 3D assets into the Unity game engine for use by animators and directors.
- Adjust character rigs/skins and animation keyframes as needed.
- Participate in production meetings with writers, designers, artists, producers and engineers.
- Collaborate with designers and engineers on the development of internal tools and pipelines.
- Iterative progress toward the final, polished art assets.
- Contribute to a creative, collegiate studio atmosphere.
Your Career Progression
You will ship product! Everyone in our studio has shipped at least one product with many of us contributing to multiple titles across multiple platforms and we have no intent to stop this trend. Your portfolio of experience will grow, and the size of the audience you reach will expand exponentially. The small team atmosphere will allow you to contribute more and more as your abilities increase and in turn you will see greater ownership, satisfaction, and financial gain.
- 3+ years professional experience in game, film/television, or animation production
- College degree in art/illustration/game art production.
- Strong portfolio demonstrating excellence in concept art, illustration, modeling, and graphic design.
- Expert skills with common 2D/3D art/painting tools (Photoshop, Illustrator, Max/Maya).
- Familiarity with 3D game production pipelines plus common character modeling and rigging techniques.
- Experience with 2.5D cinematics, motion comics, and traditional animation techniques a strong plus.
- Unity experience is a must.
- An abiding love for games, film and serial dramas.
About our Team
Aftershock San Francisco is a growing studio part of the FoxNext group, dedicated to crafting unforgettable narrative experiences. Our studio was formed by a combination of veteran game makers, talented cinematographers and renowned writers dedicated to the highest level of craft quality. We take storytelling seriously and we care just as much about the underlying technology and tools used to bring those stories to our community of fans. We are not just telling stories, we are reinventing how stories are created, delivered and discussed.
FoxNext is driving immersive, next generation entertainment experiences in the areas of augmented and virtual reality, mobile, console/PC games and location-based entertainment across Twentieth Century Fox Film and Fox Networks Group. The division consists of FoxNext Games, FoxNext VR Studio and FoxNext Destinations. Fox has a successful track record of creating critically acclaimed games including The Simpsons: Tapped Out, Angry Birds Rio, Alien: Isolation, Family Guy: The Quest for Stuff, Ice Age Adventures, and Sugar Smash: Book of Life. Aftershock, a division of FoxNext Games, has a number of projects in development including an all new mobile game based on the expansive Marvel Universe, and a massively multiplayer mobile strategy game for James Cameron's Avatar franchise. A AAA PC/console game set In the world of Avatar is in development with Massive Entertainment, a Ubisoft Studio. FoxNext VR Studio is in development on Alien and Planet of the Apes VR experiences. FoxNext Destinations will further lead the development of location based entertainment business with the success of the 2017 THEA award winner Springfield, USA and 2008 THEA award winner The Simpsons Ride at Universal Studios Hollywood and Universal Orlando, Avatar: Discover Pandora, a new interactive exhibition inspired by the breathtaking environments and inspirational cultures of Pandora, and the development of the 20th Century Fox World theme park in Malaysia.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How to apply?
Click on the Apply button.
Note: when applying for jobs, you should never have to pay to apply. Always verify you're actually talking to the company in the job post and not an imposter. When clicking on the button to apply above, you will leave Fydiz and go to the job application page for that company outside this site. Fydiz accepts no liability or responsibility as a consequence of any reliance upon information on there (external sites) or here.