We are currently seeking a Fire Protection Designer to join our Fire Protection Team located in our Atlanta Corporate office. This position reports directly to the Director of Fire Protection Engineering & Code Services and will serve as a fire protection systems Designer to support our State registered Fire Protection Engineers (FPE) . This position requires the ability to:
Collaborate in a Team environment with a positive and helpful attitude, Take direction from Director and FPE’s, Fire Protection Technologists, and other Designers, Create accurate, complete and code compliant CAD/Revit design drawings and project specifications for fire sprinkler, fire alarm, mass notification and special hazards systems, Self-start and work with minimal supervision, Effectively manage design tasks, project schedules and deadlines. If you are self-motivated, goal and detail oriented, take pride and responsibility for your work, and want to advance your career by working alongside of experienced Fire Protection Engineers with a qualified and experienced A/E Firm that appreciates you and your ambitions, look no further.
This opportunity is ideal for experienced Designers who wish to grow their career with fellow Fire Protection professionals and a firm dedicated to individual professional growth in an environment centered on team participation. Considerations for this position must be authorized to work in the US.
- NICET Certified Level III – Water-Based Systems Layout / Fire Alarm Systems / Special Hazards.
- Certified Fire Protection Specialist (CFPS) credential is a differentiator.
- 10+ years’ experience in the Fire Protection field.
- Proficient in AutoCAD / Revit.
- Practical experience with HASS calculation software / Word / Excel / etc.
- Clear and effective verbal and written Communication skills.
- Excellent working knowledge of NFPA Codes and Standards. Familiarity of ICC Codes and UFC is a differentiator.
- Must be able to obtain Governmental clearances, especially for DoD installations and facilities.
How to apply?
Click on the Apply button.
Note: when applying for jobs, you should never have to pay to apply. Always verify you're actually talking to the company in the job post and not an imposter. When clicking on the button to apply above, you will leave Fydiz and go to the job application page for that company outside this site. Fydiz accepts no liability or responsibility as a consequence of any reliance upon information on there (external sites) or here.