We are hiring an entry-level Water/Wastewater engineer to support projects in our San Jose, California office.
- Works on water and wastewater engineering projects and tasks, carrying out assignments with direction from the Project Manager or Project Engineer.
- Performs tasks that include preparation of designs and calculations for water and wastewater projects.
- Occasionally makes technical decisions of a routine nature.
- Gathers and maintains specified records of engineering data such as tests, drawings, etc. and gathers field data such as manhole depths and spot surveying.
- Receives detailed instructions as to required tasks.
- Receives objectives and technical advice from supervisor.
- Performs standard practices and techniques in specific situations.
- Performs assignments using standard techniques, procedures, and criteria in carrying out a sequence of related engineering tasks.
- Bachelor degree in Civil Engineering from an accredited college with a water/wastewater/reuse focus
- Engineer-in-Training (EIT) or Fundamentals of Engineering (FE)
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in basic desktop computer programs such as MS Word, Excel, Project, and PowerPoint
- Interested in working on a variety of municipal water, wastewater, and reuse infrastructure projects
- 0 to 3 years of experience in water/wastewater/reuse engineering
- Experience completing municipal water, wastewater, and reuse infrastructure projects. Basic knowledge of industry standard computer software (examples include AutoCAD, Civil 3D, ArcGIS, BioWin, WaterCAD, InfoWater, SewerCAD, and InfoSewer)
- VEVRAA Federal Contractor
- Request Priority Protected Veteran Referrals
Mott MacDonald is a $2bn engineering, management and development consultancy. We’re one of the largest and most diverse firms of our kind in the world with over 16,000 staff working out of 180 principal offices, delivering projects in 150 countries.
Our global business is multisector, spanning buildings, communications, defense, education, environment, health, international development, industry, mining, oil and gas, power, transport, urban development, water and wastewater.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or disability status.
How to apply?
Click on the Apply button.
Note: when applying for jobs, you should never have to pay to apply. Always verify you're actually talking to the company in the job post and not an imposter. When clicking on the button to apply above, you will leave Fydiz and go to the job application page for that company outside this site. Fydiz accepts no liability or responsibility as a consequence of any reliance upon information on there (external sites) or here.