Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
Development and calibration of 1D and 3D CFD diesel or dual fuel engine models for performance and emissions prediction. Application of the models to evaluate various hardware (fuel system, air system, cooling system) technologies and optimize overall engine system performance will be the primary tasks. The ability to link 1D engine models to other powertrain models, hydraulics and control system models will be medium to longer-term expectations. Simulation of mild hybrid powersystems for heavy duty off-road applications may also be required.
The successful candidate will be required to work with System Integration engineers, engine performance engineers and simulation tool developers to develop and apply accurate powersystem models to achieve optimum performance and emissions. Additionally, this Product Development Engineer will work with internal and external (simulation) tool developers, universities and industrial partners to improve the predictive accuracy of the 1D or 3D tools by developing, implementing and validating new submodels.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please attach a copy of your resume and an unofficial copy of your transcripts, to your application.
- An MS degree in Mechanical Engineering or Theoretical and Applied Mechanics
- Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering – specializing in CI diesel or dual fuel (natural gas + diesel) combustion CFD;
- Prior experience with using tools like GT Power, Ricardo Wave or AVL Boost, and Matlab/Simulink: or
- Experience with (any of): Converge, StarCD/StarCCM+, or AVL Fire combustion simulation software;
- Expertise in diesel engine performance, understanding of fuel injection systems, air systems, combustion chemistry and pollutant formation is desired;
- Formal classes in: Internal Combustion Engines, Fluid Dynamics & Heat Transfer, Computational Fluid Dynamics;
- Experience developing 1D or 3D engine simulation codes will be an asset;
- C/C++ programming skills desired but not required;
- Phython programming skills will be an asset;
- Experience performing experiments on internal combustion engines and analyzing engine data will be an asset, but is not required;
- Excellent verbal, written and electronic communication skills
Relocation assistance is available for this position.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals – including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities – are encouraged to apply.