Design Engineer Sig Sauer
Design new firearm products from concept to production. Continued design improvements to existing product line.
- Create innovative design solutions.
- Manage design projects.
- Interface with Marketing and customers to understand and document development requirements.
- Make design models in 3D CAD. Make design drawings, supervise drafting activities, review and approve engineering drawings.
- Coordinate prototype build, test, and evaluation.
- Work with sourcing to select manufacturing technologies and vendors.
- Identify Quality Assurance requirements.
- Support Sales and Agency Customers by troubleshooting and resolving field issues.
- Maintain standards for technical drawings, internal specifications, and related engineering documentation.
- Evaluate, validate, and approve design and drawing changes.
- Execute value engineering projects.
- Make improvements of existing products. Investigate and solve problems in cooperation with Quality and Operations departments.
- Make decisions on the disposition of nonconforming material.
- B.S. Degree in related Engineering discipline preferred
- 5 years of related design experience is strongly preferred.
- 3 years of minimum experience in Small Arms design and product development.
- Overall must be able to work in a team, lead, plan, and execute.
- Quality of work must be very high.
- Clear and concise written and verbal communication of complicated subjects is required. Organization of documentation and record keeping shall be to a high standard.
- Actively maintains safe operations and work area by adhering to all safety, health and quality programs procedures and initiatives.
- Comfortable using Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) which is required for specified activities.
SIG SAUER, Inc. is an EO Employer-M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other protected class.
How to apply?
Click on the Apply button.
Note: when applying for jobs, you should never have to pay to apply. Always verify you're actually talking to the company in the job post and not an imposter. When clicking on the button to apply above, you will leave Fydiz and go to the job application page for that company outside this site. Fydiz accepts no liability or responsibility as a consequence of any reliance upon information on there (external sites) or here.