Design new firearm products from concept to production. Continued design improvements to existing product line.
- Create innovative design solutions.
- Manage design projects.
- Interface with Marketing and customers to understand and document development requirements.
- Make design models in 3D CAD. Make design drawings, supervise drafting activities, review and approve engineering drawings.
- Coordinate prototype build, test, and evaluation.
- Work with sourcing to select manufacturing technologies and vendors.
- Identify Quality Assurance requirements.
- Support Sales and Agency Customers by troubleshooting and resolving field issues.
- Maintain standards for technical drawings, internal specifications, and related engineering documentation.
- Evaluate, validate, and approve design and drawing changes.
- Execute value engineering projects.
- Make improvements of existing products. Investigate and solve problems in cooperation with Quality and Operations departments.
- Make decisions on the disposition of nonconforming material.
- B.S. Degree in related Engineering discipline preferred
- 5 years of related design experience is strongly preferred.
- 3 years of minimum experience in Small Arms design and product development.
- Overall must be able to work in a team, lead, plan, and execute.
- Quality of work must be very high.
- Clear and concise written and verbal communication of complicated subjects is required. Organization of documentation and record keeping shall be to a high standard.
- Actively maintains safe operations and work area by adhering to all safety, health and quality programs procedures and initiatives.
- Comfortable using Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) which is required for specified activities.
SIG SAUER, Inc. is an EO Employer-M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other protected class.