The Design Drafter position is responsible for preparation of all component sub-assemblies, sectional details, full fabrication and installation drawings. Position may require assisting shop, sub-contractors for drawing and limited technical questions. The Design Drafter will perform this duty with direction and information provided by Engineering Manager, Project Engineer and Design Engineer. This position will require knowledge in Linkex, AutoCad and/or Solidworks and use these tools to automate turning equipment design data into Bill of Materials and detailed shop drawings.
- Review TEi technical standards and design requirements.
- Develop required general arrangement drawing, fabrication details and assembly drawings and full fabrication drawing packages.
- Prepare Bill of Material drawings.
- Prepare changes (revisions) where applicable.
- Perform preliminary checking/rechecking to ensure accuracy of drawings.
- Interact with Engineering Manager, Project Engineer, Design Engineer, other Design/ Drafting staff and Sales Department.
- Provide support to immediate supervisor, project engineers and design engineers within department.
- Perform other drafting duties as assigned and support other engineering departments when necessary.
- Provide services to automate the design to detail drawing effort.
- Interface with DCAP/ Document Control Software.
- Attend project meetings, as necessary.
- Good oral and written communication skills and ability to work with others is a must.
- Deadline driven and team oriented.
Job Requirements / Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Associate Degree in an Engineering/ Design related field.
- Knowledge of directly related work experience in drafting various types of pressure vessels and heat exchangers for power generation, process, petrochemical and refineries is a plus.
- Three (3) plus years of CAD mechanical design experience using AutoCAD, Linkex and/or SolidWorks software.
- Experience in mechanical drawings for pressure vessels and heat exchanger for the power, process, petrochemical and refineries is a plus.
- Good knowledge of the welding symbols and piping and fitting specifications.
- Experience in SolidWorks is a plus.
- Certification in Computer Aided Design (CAD) and/or AutoCAD, Linkex or Solid Works design software is a plus.
- Proficient in Drafting: AutoCAD, Solidworks, Linkex
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Very limited travel may be required, up to 5%.
How to apply?
Click on the Apply button.
Note: when applying for jobs, you should never have to pay to apply. Always verify you're actually talking to the company in the job post and not an imposter. When clicking on the button to apply above, you will leave Fydiz and go to the job application page for that company outside this site. Fydiz accepts no liability or responsibility as a consequence of any reliance upon information on there (external sites) or here.