This is an intermediate level position which requires satisfactory performance of tasks assigned at the CAD Technician 1 level. Incumbents assigned to this level are required to exercise some independent responsibility in resolving problems, handling communications, and understanding department and work unit procedures. An incumbent at this level performs non-routine drafting assignments of moderate complexity from rough or general drawings, sketches, or layouts. This includes drawing irregular shapes, multiple functions, and precise positional relationships between components. Work is performed independently after initial assignment with advice provided by supervisor or engineering/designer personnel. Generally, this position requires coordination of own work details with other groups or sections within the department. The incumbent may be required to give technical advice to the Drafter 1.
Duties & Responsibilities
Under some supervision, will provide
- Diagrams, schematics, layouts, multiview, and various drawings to scale in accordance with clients' requests
- Mathematical, geometrical, and minor engineering computations
- To scale engineering drawings using computer aided drafting system
- Detailed design drawings and related specifications of civil/ electrical equipment according to engineering sketches, specifications, and related data and drawings to determine design factors such as size, shape, and arrangement of parts. This would include structure, schematic, foundation, grounding, steel, layout, equipment, apparatus, wiring, panel, AC&DC, one lines, and other type drawings necessary to produce substation, relay, and line design job packages
- File drawings, maintain catalogs of engineering data, and perform other routine drawing room functions as required
- Successful completion of high school diploma or equivalent
- 1-2 years of training at a technical school or equivalent experience
- 2-4 years of experience in the preparation of engineering drawings and diagrams as a Drafter 1
- Proven AutoCad and/or Microstation skills
- Strong PC/IT skills ( i.e., Word, Excel, etc)
- Ability to deal with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds.
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- Work independently
- Customer Oriented
- Able to manage multiple tasks and provide leadership to other team members.
- Experience in the production of engineering quality drawings with multiple CAD systems (i.e.; AutoCad, Microstation)
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
UC Synergetic is an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class
UC Synergetic is a Non-Union Company