CAD Designer Vogt Power International
Prepare major component sub-assembly, sections and detail drawings, calculations, bill of materials and 3D models for Heat Recovery Steam Generators (HRSG) and associated equipment. Supervise the development of drawings. Serve as a consultant to shops, sub-contractors and field personnel for projects.
- Review project customer specifications
- Prepare major assembly, section and detail drawings and itemized bill of materials
- Coordinate with Associate Project Engineer on the project to which they are assigned
- Communicate and assist other departments with calculations and datasheets
- Generate weight calculations for parts, sub-assemblies and assemblies
- Develop and maintain 3D model of piping and equipment
- Participate in internal and customer 3D model walk-throughs
- Assist with the training of Designers in the development of drawing packages
- Provide thorough checking of drawings and bill of materials
- Assist with the review of vendor generated drawings
- Serve as consultant for shop and field questions
- Revise drawings
- Create project as-built drawings if required
- Maintain knowledge of current product designs, standards and procedures
- Assist in development of General Arrangement and Setting drawings
- Travel to jobsite(s) for short field assignments
Job Requirements / Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- High school diploma supplemented by college level engineering courses or associated degree in an engineering related field. Demonstrated knowledge and technical competency may be substituted for the educational requirements
- Two (2) years CAD design experience (for entry level)
- Demonstrated excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Demonstrated excellent analytical and computer skills required
- Knowledge of ASME codes and product application
- Must be organized and able to work under pressure in order to meet deadlines
How to apply?
Click on the Apply button.
Note: when applying for jobs, you should never have to pay to apply. Always verify you're actually talking to the company in the job post and not an imposter. When clicking on the button to apply above, you will leave Fydiz and go to the job application page for that company outside this site. Fydiz accepts no liability or responsibility as a consequence of any reliance upon information on there (external sites) or here.