Join EN Engineering!
EN Engineering provides comprehensive and dependable engineering, consulting, and automation services to pipelines, utilities, and industrial customers. With first-hand experience operating and maintaining energy infrastructure, our engineering professionals provide expertise in Pipeline Engineering, Integrity Services, Automation Services, Electrical Engineering, Process Safety Management and Industrial Solutions. We apply this expertise to natural gas & oil pipeline infrastructure, gas distribution, chemical processing, electric power generation & distribution, food & beverage processing, and manufacturing facilities.
Our team of more than 1,000 professionals offers engineering, consulting, and automation excellence wherever energy flows and goods are produced. We have nationwide offices located in Illinois, Ohio, Kansas, Maryland, Pennsylvania, Kentucky, Colorado, California, and Texas.
In return for top talent, EN Engineering offers competitive compensation, excellent benefits, and a positive work environment designed around the philosophy of mutual respect and the challenge of contributing to the continued success of our organization.
This position is responsible for developing engineered pipeline construction plans in an AutoCAD and/or Microstation platform; receiving roughly designed concepts from engineers and transforming them into (CAD) working documents. Applications are predominantly related to the civil and mechanical engineering fields. This position is responsible for understanding and completing drawings in accordance with client specifications.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Calculating lay out rights-of-way and/or street dimensions and angles
- Constructing dimensional relationships of one part to another and a relationship of various parts to entire project, utilizing knowledge of engineering practices and mathematics
- Creating a preliminary and/or final sketch of proposed drawing, using computer-assisted design/drafting equipment
- Modifying drawings as directed by engineer or design coordinator
- Performing miscellaneous job-related duties as necessary
- An Associate of Applied Science degree (AAS) in Design and Drafting Technology or equivalent experience preferred
- Experience with AutoCAD preferred
- 0 to 3 years prior experience preferred in civil design and/or in the gas pipeline industry
- Knowledge of MicroStation, Smallworld and/ESRI GIS platform is a plus
- Strong work ethic with desire to work in a production environment
EN Engineering is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and is proud to have a drug-free environment. All employment offers are contingent upon applicant successfully completing drug and background screenings.