Project Designer is responsible for the aesthetic, conceptual and planning solutions for projects. Should be task oriented and works on the design of several projects concurrently. Possess strong drive, motivation and self-initiative and works well with minimal direction and supervision. After analyzing problems and briefs, can generate, communicate and present concepts quickly and effectively. Initiates and creates schematic designs and plans with responsibility for the preparation of presentation drawings, models and narratives. Represents the firm, participating as a key member of business development teams, in presentations to prospective clients. Coordinates with the engineering disciplines throughout the schematic and design development phases to ensure that the solution accommodates the engineering needs and the owner’s program. Acts as a mentor to other staff members. Reports to the Project Manager.
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture, Masters preferred
- 5 years experience with 3 years in commercial (retail/mixed-use) or multi-family housing projects
- Licensure in Architecture, preferred
- Strong and versatile building design skills
- Excellent presentation and communication skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to make presentations
- Strong working relationships with clients
- Proven ability to prioritize in order to meet deadlines and provide high quality service to clients
- Self-starter and proactive
- Strong sketching skills
- Good understanding and knowledge of building codes and zoning regulations
- Good understanding and knowledge of building systems and site requirements
- Experience in Revit required
- Proficient in current version of AutoCAD, 3D Studio or Form-Z, Photoshop, PowerPoint, MS Word and MS Excel
How to apply?
Click on the Apply button.
Note: when applying for jobs, you should never have to pay to apply. Always verify you're actually talking to the company in the job post and not an imposter. When clicking on the button to apply above, you will leave Fydiz and go to the job application page for that company outside this site. Fydiz accepts no liability or responsibility as a consequence of any reliance upon information on there (external sites) or here.