The Gulf Coast Region is currently seeking an Architectural Design Professional to join our Dallas Architecture team. In this entry level position, you are responsible for basic architectural design assignments and working with the project team to assist overall effort of completing various project phases.
A portfolio and resume must be uploaded as a single pdf file for consideration of this position.
- Prepares and modifies architectural documents, elevations, sections, details, etc. as directed by others utilizing Building Information Modeling (BIM).
- Develops solutions to technical and design problems following established standards.
- With direction from the project architect or more senior design professionals, develops, modifies, and/or reviews drawings ensuring the incorporation of design intent.
- Works closely with delivery team and assists to complete projects on aggressive schedules.
- Assist in developing project scope, plan, and services and during the contract process. Translates planning concepts into comprehensible terms for clients, designers and project team members.
- Develops a comprehensive understanding of clients’ program requirements and standards and policies for completion.
- Prepares 2D and 3D presentation/design drawings.
- Builds models for client/project team review.
- Compiles data and performs elementary design computations.
- Performs product research; assists project designers and project architects with materials selection and system research.
- Assures HOK document standards are met and archives documents appropriately.
- May assist team in construction administration document management.
- May mentor and direct the work of intern staff.
- Takes personal responsibility for fostering a green workplace through sustainable work practices.
- Fosters a commitment to external and internal client service.
- Proficiency in 3D Modeling software.
- Proficiency in Adobe Suite.
- Proficiency in SketchUp.
- Proficiency in Revit preferred.
- Basic hand and CAD drafting skills.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD/Architectural Desktop.
- Basic knowledge of architectural building systems.
- Basic knowledge of sustainability, integrated design and LEED guidelines.
- Ability to build physical models.
- Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work in team environment.
- Ability to effectively meet deadlines.
- Bachelor’s degree in architecture required, Master's preferred.
- 0 to 3 years’ experience; or equivalent in appropriate education and experience required.
- LEED credential required within 6 months of employment.
HOK is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, status as a protected veteran or status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable Federal, State or Local law.
How to apply?
Click on the Apply button.
Note: when applying for jobs, you should never have to pay to apply. Always verify you're actually talking to the company in the job post and not an imposter. When clicking on the button to apply above, you will leave Fydiz and go to the job application page for that company outside this site. Fydiz accepts no liability or responsibility as a consequence of any reliance upon information on there (external sites) or here.