Torch Technologies, a 100% employee-owned company, is currently seeking a professional 3D Artist to join a team currently developing a virtual training device.
Candidates applying for this position will have the opportunity to apply your passion for developing interactive visualization products for the purpose of educating and training soldiers, sailors, airmen, marines, and civilians using the latest visualization technology (including Unreal Engine, Oculus Rift, etc).
The candidate will work as part of a highly-motivated visualization/training team to build high profile products that will ultimately be delivered to customers for the purpose of reducing training cost by significantly reducing or eliminating the need for high cost hardware trainers. The candidate selected for this position will be a member of an agile development team working closely with fellow programmers, artists, and subject matter experts to develop a virtual training device. Candidate must be able to work well both independently and within a multi-collaborative team environment. Candidate must be able to assist in the production of visual messaging and marketing/communication to articulate the product to future customers.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Create optimized visual assets based on minimal blueprint and photo references
- Work with developers and artists to continually develop and streamline tools and processes
- Collaborate with project members to create assets within the technical requirements of the project
- Assist with brand development including logos, typography, color palettes and imagery
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
- A portfolio demonstrating strong hard surface 3D modeling and texturing work
- Thorough knowledge of the game development process
- Must be autonomous while working on set tasks from the schedule
- An understanding of effective asset creation and optimization
- Knowledge of real-time shader authoring
- Proficient with 3DS Max, Substance, Unreal and Unity
- Highly organized with excellent spoken and written communication skills
- High degree of self-motivation and initiative
A Bachelor's Degree in Computer Art, Graphic Design, or Interactive Design and Game Development, and five (5) years of directly related experience is required. Additional relevant experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.
The position requires that the candidate meet requirements to obtain a final secret security clearance in order to access classified information. Inability to obtain a secret clearance will result in candidate being ineligible for this position.
This position is located in Huntsville, Alabama. Candidate must be able to travel as needed.