Boss Fight Entertainment is looking for an exceptionally skilled, multi-dimensional 3D Generalist to join our Art team. Our ideal candidate has a primary strength in one 3D competency, but can thrive covering multiple competencies.
3D Character Modeling
- Expertise in Photoshop, Max, and Zbrush (or equivalent 2D and 3D programs)
- Possesses a visual and technical understanding of 3D modeling & texturing of high poly and low poly characters
- Exhibits a solid grasp of form, color, and light for both 2D and 3D art assets
- Demonstrated ability to create convincing organic and hard surface models
- Have a clear understanding of multipass texture creation as well as techniques that utilize fewer maps and rely more on traditional hand painting
The ideal candidate also has some of these skills:
- Develop and maintain high quality rigs for props, vehicles, and character assets
- Able to animate humanoid and non-humanoid characters and creatures, both realistic and cartoony
- Solid grasp of the principles of body movement, anticipation, overshoot, follow-through, squash and stretch, forward and inverse kinematics, and other facets of both 2D and 3D animation
- Have a thorough understanding of painting weights and the skinning process
- Experience in either 3DS Max or Maya is preferred
- Familiarity with Maya scripting including Mel scripts, Python, PyMel and/or the Maya API
- Familiarity with Unity and C# scripting
- Ability to assist with the design of efficient production pipelines and writing tools to streamline the rigging and animation process
- Experience creating brilliant, eye catching real-time VFX using Photoshop, Maya/Max, and in-game VFX systems
- Strong grasp of visual design principles used to create stylized, compelling VFX
- Able to paint VFX textures from scratch and match an established style
- High degree of proficiency with 3D graphics, particle systems, physics, ribbons, shaders, etc.
- Solid knowledge of rendering engines
- Works well in a collaborative environment
- Able to take direction and feedback from project Leads and Directors
- Communicates effectively with a wide variety of personalities and functions, both written and verbal
- Maintains solid work ethic and a positive attitude in a deadline focused environment
- Self-motivated and driven to create top quality AAA art
- Experience working with outsource houses
Required experience and traits:
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience as a mid to high level 3D artist (animating, rigging etc.)
- Familiarity with Dungeon Boss strongly recommended
- A balanced mix of visual aesthetic and tech-art/programming skills
- A passion for playing and making games
How to apply?
Click on the Apply button.
Note: when applying for jobs, you should never have to pay to apply. Always verify you're actually talking to the company in the job post and not an imposter. When clicking on the button to apply above, you will leave Fydiz and go to the job application page for that company outside this site. Fydiz accepts no liability or responsibility as a consequence of any reliance upon information on there (external sites) or here.