This position will support for SSC Pacific's Battlespace Exploitation of Mixed Reality (BEMR) Lab. The BEMR Lab explores and develops mixed reality solutions for the warfighter using low-cost, commercial-off-the-shelf (COTS) gaming and cell phone technology. The goal of this project is to evaluate, integrate and exploit commercial mixed reality (MxR) technology for adaptation to the battlespace to increase and broaden the US warfighter's asymmetric advantage. The ideal candidate will have experience in 3D Tools (3DS MAX, MAYA, Autodesk 3d, Zbrush, etc.) and have the ability to create high-quality, realistic 3D environments and textured 3D assets that are production ready and optimized for maximize performance. Excellent communication and collaborative skills are required; the candidate will work closely with programmers to implement art assets efficiently and allow for rapid iteration of application design and aesthetics. Experience with 3D animations is preferred, which requires an understanding of 3D rendering engines, achieving 3D rendering at high frame rates and proficient with deriving 3D math and shader development. This is an opportunity to be part of a team that will develop technology for shipboard and shore system infrastructure design efforts, associated warfighter training, battle damage assessment and future weapons design by animating characters, vehicles and weapons.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret Security Clearance
- Experience with 3D tools including 3DS MAX, MAYA, Autodesk 3D, Zbrush
- Experience with 3D animations, texture atlases, and 3D optimization to include Rigging and Motion capture correction
- Experience with Unreal Engine, providing animation to game engine pipeline, state machines, and working with related blueprints
- Experience and ability to work and create realistic 3D environments and textured 3D assets that are production ready and optimized for maximize performance in Virtual Reality (VR).
- BA in Art, Game Art and Design or an equivalent technical degree with requisite experience.
San Diego, California, United States